MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020) flickering touch bar

The touch bar of my macbook has started to flicker for already a few months, however, this would stop once I closed and opened again the screen. But since today it started to flicker nonstop, and it has made the use of the computer almost impossible. How can I fix this? The computer does not even have 3 years, it seems like a big question to the quality of Apple products if this will render my mac unusable...

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.7

Posted on Apr 24, 2023 3:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2023 8:09 AM

_sorcats wrote:

The touch bar of my macbook has started to flicker for already a few months, however, this would stop once I closed and opened again the screen. But since today it started to flicker nonstop, and it has made the use of the computer almost impossible. How can I fix this? The computer does not even have 3 years, it seems like a big question to the quality of Apple products if this will render my mac unusable...

If a Safeboot does not sort the anomaly I would suspect a hardware issue...

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support , then reboot as normal and test

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2023 8:09 AM in response to _sorcats

_sorcats wrote:

If a Safeboot does not sort the anomaly I would suspect a hardware issue...

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support , then reboot as normal and test

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020) flickering touch bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.