Does Apple TV app has regional restrictions?

Can I watch my Apple TV + app outside the US?I

How will the content I access here in the US vary while traveling in Europe? Will I have access? Is VPN a solution? bvCan I watch all these shows on my apple tv plus app, loaded on my computer, I phone and Ipad while traveling in Europe or are there restrictions?

[Re-titled by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 24, 2023 6:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2023 9:56 AM

Officially, Apple services are available to you in your ‘home country’. Apple Media Services terms and conditions - Apple Legal

Use of these services abroad may work or not work, and that may differ by service.

Notably third party in-app channels and connected apps will likely be restricted to use in the same country as originally subscribed.

Some users have reported that Apple TV+ has worked for them while in a certain different country, but don’t take that as policy or guarantee for every country.

Some users have reported that iTunes Store movies has worked for them while in a certain different country, but don’t take that as policy or guarantee for every country.

If you download media files on your devices for offline use, then those should be valid for 30 days.

For Apple’s official stance on such use, contact the Apple Support staff.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2023 9:56 AM in response to WI Jeff

Officially, Apple services are available to you in your ‘home country’. Apple Media Services terms and conditions - Apple Legal

Use of these services abroad may work or not work, and that may differ by service.

Notably third party in-app channels and connected apps will likely be restricted to use in the same country as originally subscribed.

Some users have reported that Apple TV+ has worked for them while in a certain different country, but don’t take that as policy or guarantee for every country.

Some users have reported that iTunes Store movies has worked for them while in a certain different country, but don’t take that as policy or guarantee for every country.

If you download media files on your devices for offline use, then those should be valid for 30 days.

For Apple’s official stance on such use, contact the Apple Support staff.

Does Apple TV app has regional restrictions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.