Related Article: Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone or iPad to your Mac or PC

recover a device photos

Is there a way to recover the photos from a specific Iphone I still have on my devices but I lost it? Need the photos of that specific iPhone, and can't see the photos I had on my iCloud uploaded, can I get them back somehow?

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 24, 2023 9:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2023 10:04 PM

giannidante Said:

"recover a device photos: Is there a way to recover the photos from a specific Iphone I still have on my devices but I lost it? Need the photos of that specific iPhone, and can't see the photos I had on my iCloud uploaded, can I get them back somehow?"

--------

Troubleshooting Deleted Photos:

Loss of data is something you would have agreed to upon opening an Apple Account. So, if the following does not work, then they are gone. That's just the way it is :(

Four Tactics to Try:

A. Start here: If you're Missing Photos or Videos in the Photos app - Apple Support

B. Check iCloud, Directly:

For Photos: Go here, and see if they reside in iCloudhttps://www.icloud.com/photos

C. Restore your iPhone from a Backup:

Have any backups of this iPhone prior to this occurrence? If so, restore your iPhone from one that has these photos (the most recent backup, ideally). If not, then take this as a learning experience, knowing to always back up your device for recovery purposes. Important: Back up you iPhone prior to performing this restoration, should anything go wrong from here on out.

D. Where Else to Check:

1. PC
  2. PDA
  3. eMail
  4. Mac Device
  5. Cloud Storage
  6. Android Phone
  7. USB Flash Drive
  8. External Hard drive
  9. Secure Digital Card
  10. Compact Flash Card
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2023 10:04 PM in response to giannidante

giannidante Said:

"recover a device photos: Is there a way to recover the photos from a specific Iphone I still have on my devices but I lost it? Need the photos of that specific iPhone, and can't see the photos I had on my iCloud uploaded, can I get them back somehow?"

--------

Troubleshooting Deleted Photos:

Loss of data is something you would have agreed to upon opening an Apple Account. So, if the following does not work, then they are gone. That's just the way it is :(

Four Tactics to Try:

A. Start here: If you're Missing Photos or Videos in the Photos app - Apple Support

B. Check iCloud, Directly:

For Photos: Go here, and see if they reside in iCloudhttps://www.icloud.com/photos

C. Restore your iPhone from a Backup:

Have any backups of this iPhone prior to this occurrence? If so, restore your iPhone from one that has these photos (the most recent backup, ideally). If not, then take this as a learning experience, knowing to always back up your device for recovery purposes. Important: Back up you iPhone prior to performing this restoration, should anything go wrong from here on out.

D. Where Else to Check:

1. PC
  2. PDA
  3. eMail
  4. Mac Device
  5. Cloud Storage
  6. Android Phone
  7. USB Flash Drive
  8. External Hard drive
  9. Secure Digital Card
  10. Compact Flash Card

Apr 24, 2023 10:03 PM in response to giannidante

giannidante Said:

--------

Recovering Photos:

Sync through iCloud:

Is Photos enabled in iCloud Settings on this iPhone? If so, enable Photos in iCloud on your other Apple devices, and see if the data shows up. If your iPhone has items synced with iCloud on them, then they should pop right up.

• Enabling iCloud Photos on an iPhone:
  1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Your Name (Top Item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Photos (so that it is green)

• Enable Photos on Mac:
  1. Go to: System Preferences
  2. Click: Apple ID (on top-right)
  3. Select: Photos (by giving it a check mark)

recover a device photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.