I hit “notify anyway” and now my friend keeps getting my notifications even on Do Not Disturb

**I am not asking how I can make it so others are unable to “notify anyway” while on do not disturb**

My friend is on do not disturb and I accidentally hit “notify anyway” (it’s so **** close to the box where you type into) and now they continue to get my unsilenced notifications. Can I reverse this? They are still on do not disturb and continue to get my notifications.

Please do not answer this question by telling me how they can change their focus mode settings to remove “notify anyway” as an option, that isn’t my question!

Posted on Apr 24, 2023 9:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2023 11:06 PM

Normally, the "Notify anyway" alert should pop up after the earlier message has been read by the recipient.

Once they read it, they will have to delete the conversation. Then the next message that you try to send will again prompt you to "Notify anyway".

This is what is my understanding of this so far.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2023 11:06 PM in response to AlNew23

Normally, the "Notify anyway" alert should pop up after the earlier message has been read by the recipient.

Once they read it, they will have to delete the conversation. Then the next message that you try to send will again prompt you to "Notify anyway".

This is what is my understanding of this so far.

May 8, 2024 2:26 PM in response to AlNew23

you can’t do anything about it because it’s THEIR settings. When you hit notify anyway it overrides their settings to send the message. Tell them to turn it off then back on. I know that sounds like a joke but that’s what i usually do, it takes 2 seconds to just click it then click it again. hope this helps :))

also get a better friend..idk why they’d be so bothered by this. especially if they are making YOU go to Apple Communities to figure out how to silence YOUR text to THEIR phone…no hate just my personal feeling but it’s none of my business lol, hope yall get the issue solved:)

May 1, 2024 8:45 PM in response to Isabel powers

Isabel powers wrote:
"Someone just stole my iPhone with no intention of giving it back to me. I cannot get any message or calls coz I have it on “ Do not disturb”. How to undo this on my iPad?
Need help please."

If you have a Cellular-enabled iPad you can ask your carrier to change the device which the phone number is linked to if you.

To deactivate Do Not Disturb on your iPhone, you can enable "Share across devices" under Settings > Focus. Then turn Do Not Disturb mode off on your iPad. See this link for more information: Set up a Focus on iPad – Apple Support (UK)

Sep 30, 2023 9:53 AM in response to AlNew23

Iam wondering more about it little still. But I researched the problem online.

Found out that is said that they put there phone on these setting like focus mode and or do not disturb on.

but doesn’t mean they blocked you.

my guess is the so when you hit send anyway when they silenced there phone,they will get the message it will over ride the message so they can hear it,vs it sending and it go unheard but they still get the message iether way. Hope that makes sense. But if you google I send message to friend anyway on silence or send message to friend on silent. See what results you get.

I hit “notify anyway” and now my friend keeps getting my notifications even on Do Not Disturb

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.