Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Camera flickering on/off constantly iPhone 14 pro max

My iPhone 14 Pro Max’s camera has been very odd for the last 3ish months. Every time I open the camera app the camera seems to be stuck in a constant loop of opening without staying on and not allowing me to take a picture. I have experience this multiple times with the only solution being to power down the device, although this is a temporary fix which seems to last only a few hours.

things I have done that were unsuccessful in fixing the issue.

• cleaning the camera
  • switching macro mode on/off
  • resetting all settings
  • Updating IOS to current version
  • Turning on/off True Tone

Anyone else having this issue?

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Apr 25, 2023 2:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2023 2:49 AM

That's weird.

Since your iPhone is still covered by warranty, for your peace of mind I suggest that you make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> https://locate.apple.com/choose-country-region . After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2023 2:49 AM in response to John_8715

That's weird.

Since your iPhone is still covered by warranty, for your peace of mind I suggest that you make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> https://locate.apple.com/choose-country-region . After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

Camera flickering on/off constantly iPhone 14 pro max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.