Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Siri respond to anyone says hey siri

When someone says hey siri, my Siri wake up and start responding. I thought it’s only suppose to respond to my voice only . Even other people can make call from my locked iPhone just using hey siri make a call 🙈

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 25, 2023 10:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2023 1:38 PM

Siri reacts when "Hey Siri" is heard. I can also activate my wife's iPhone, although her voice is significantly brighter than mine. If you find that others activate Siri when you have your phone in your pocket, bag or with the screen facing down, you can disable Always Listen for "Hey Siri".

The function is disabled by default, but if you have enabled it at some point, you can disable it here:

Settings Accessibility Siri → disable Always Listen for “Hey Siri”

You can also disable Siri when your iPhone is locked. Go to:

Settings Siri & Search → disable Allow Siri When Locked

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2023 1:38 PM in response to FortuneHunter007

Siri reacts when "Hey Siri" is heard. I can also activate my wife's iPhone, although her voice is significantly brighter than mine. If you find that others activate Siri when you have your phone in your pocket, bag or with the screen facing down, you can disable Always Listen for "Hey Siri".

The function is disabled by default, but if you have enabled it at some point, you can disable it here:

Settings Accessibility Siri → disable Always Listen for “Hey Siri”

You can also disable Siri when your iPhone is locked. Go to:

Settings Siri & Search → disable Allow Siri When Locked

Siri respond to anyone says hey siri

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.