Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

compatible Printer for Ventura 13.3

what printers are compatible with Ventura 13.3?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 25, 2023 10:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2023 8:03 AM

Hi,

Generally speaking, all printers listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support.

An AirPrint-enabled model can be used without additional drivers if the printer and the Mac computer are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi) router. AirPrint works with wireless (Wi-Fi) or wired (Ethernet) network connections.

There may be other printers that are compatible with macOS 13 Ventura, but only if the printer manufacturer can provide appropriate drivers.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2023 8:03 AM in response to Midget2023

Hi,

Generally speaking, all printers listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support.

An AirPrint-enabled model can be used without additional drivers if the printer and the Mac computer are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi) router. AirPrint works with wireless (Wi-Fi) or wired (Ethernet) network connections.

There may be other printers that are compatible with macOS 13 Ventura, but only if the printer manufacturer can provide appropriate drivers.

Sep 5, 2023 5:51 PM in response to SLO_MAC

You may want to try resetting the printing system and re-adding the printer.

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

In case of a discovery problem, and if all settings are OK, it may be worth testing the following power-cycle procedure in this order (do not forget the router):

Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer, the Mac, and all other computers/devices. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the Mac. Finally, power on all other computers/devices.

What kind of router are you using? Modern dual-band routers may have a "smart" way of detecting devices and selecting bands. Sometimes this does not work well with a printer. Your printer would use the 2.4 GHz band only. In some cases, it may become necessary to split/rename bands.

See, for example: https://help.brother-usa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/73618/~/compatibility-with-5-ghz,-dual-band-wireless-router,-or-mesh-networks

Sep 5, 2023 5:24 PM in response to SLO_MAC

Hi,

The idea is that additional drivers are not needed for a supported AirPrint model, provided that the printer and the Mac are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router).

However, one should check that the printer firmware has been updated. In the case of the Brother HL-L2305W, the latest version appears to be 05/11/2023 (1.24).

https://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadlist.aspx?c=us_ot&lang=en&prod=hll2305w_us&os=10077

Sep 5, 2023 5:29 PM in response to Jan Hedlund

Thanks for responding...

I have updated the firmware from the site you posted. They are on the same network. Still struggling to get the printer to show up in my settings. I added it via the IP address, but they still are not playing well with each other. I will see what I can get to work.

--> I am hoping a person will post information on a monochrome laser printer that is working well with their OS 134+ mac

Dec 22, 2023 7:50 PM in response to Charles Hillon

Charles Hillon wrote:

Disagree. They are on the same network. They only work with the Canon driver. Airprint does not work. Only my iphone works with Airprint.

my last 2 printers have had AirPrint support, and that is the only way I accessed them from my Macs. The first was an HP multi-function laser printer that I had for 12 years, and have not loaded the HP drivers, just configred it as an AirPrint printer.

The replacement is a Brother multi-function laser printer with AirPrint support. I did not load the drivers, just configured it as an AirPrint printer.

And at work, we have Xerox laser printers, with output sorters, multiple input source, that have AirPrint support, and I access the by telling my Mac they are AirPrint printers.

And yes, I can also use my iPhone, iPad, etc... to access those printers as well.

compatible Printer for Ventura 13.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.