My trusted device is lost. How do I get Apple ID verification code

My trusted device is lost. How do I get Apple ID verification code for new phone

iPhone SE (3rd generation)

Posted on Apr 25, 2023 11:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2023 12:00 PM

If you can still sign into your account on another device you can investigate adding more ways to get a code such as multiple telephone numbers where you can receive a text or a phone call. This is from the section "About trusted phone numbers and trusted devices" in the article: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

To see, add, or change your trusted phone numbers use one of these methods:

● On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch: Go to Settings > your name > Password & Security. Next to Trusted Phone Number, tap Edit.

● On a Mac computer choose Apple menu  > System Settings (or System Preferences), then click your name (or Apple ID). Click Password & Security, then add or remove a trusted phone number.

● Using a web browser: Go to the Account Security section of https://appleid.apple.com .

Similar information for the iPhone can be found here --> Manage two-factor authentication for your Apple ID from iPhone - Apple Support

If you had set up an Account Recovery Contact ( Set up an account recovery contact - Apple Support ) you can also get a code that way.

If you can’t sign in, access a trusted device, reset your password, or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery to regain access to your account. This article explains how to recover your Apple ID after a waiting period - How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2023 12:00 PM in response to Trfy

If you can still sign into your account on another device you can investigate adding more ways to get a code such as multiple telephone numbers where you can receive a text or a phone call. This is from the section "About trusted phone numbers and trusted devices" in the article: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

To see, add, or change your trusted phone numbers use one of these methods:

● On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch: Go to Settings > your name > Password & Security. Next to Trusted Phone Number, tap Edit.

● On a Mac computer choose Apple menu  > System Settings (or System Preferences), then click your name (or Apple ID). Click Password & Security, then add or remove a trusted phone number.

● Using a web browser: Go to the Account Security section of https://appleid.apple.com .

Similar information for the iPhone can be found here --> Manage two-factor authentication for your Apple ID from iPhone - Apple Support

If you had set up an Account Recovery Contact ( Set up an account recovery contact - Apple Support ) you can also get a code that way.

If you can’t sign in, access a trusted device, reset your password, or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery to regain access to your account. This article explains how to recover your Apple ID after a waiting period - How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

My trusted device is lost. How do I get Apple ID verification code

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.