Why won’t my iPad share my wifi password with my iPhone

Why won’t my iPad share my wifi password with my iPhone? They are on the same network

iPad Pro, 16

Posted on Apr 25, 2023 12:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2023 12:21 PM

Hi!

To fix your problem, make sure both devices have the latest version of iOS or iPadOS, and that Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are enabled on both devices. Also, make sure your personal hotspot is turned off on both devices and that you are signed in to iCloud with your Apple ID on both devices.

If the problem persists, try resetting your network settings. To do this (for both devices): Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset Network Settings.

If the problem persists, contact Apple Support.

I hope I helped you!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2023 12:21 PM in response to One_Deezle

Hi!

To fix your problem, make sure both devices have the latest version of iOS or iPadOS, and that Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are enabled on both devices. Also, make sure your personal hotspot is turned off on both devices and that you are signed in to iCloud with your Apple ID on both devices.

If the problem persists, try resetting your network settings. To do this (for both devices): Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset Network Settings.

If the problem persists, contact Apple Support.

I hope I helped you!

Apr 25, 2023 12:23 PM in response to One_Deezle

Bluetooth and Wi-Fi must be activated on both devices to share the Wi-Fi password, and of course they must also be close.

If your iPhone is already connected to the same Wi-Fi as your iPad, then your iPad will not offer to share a password, since the iPhone is already connected. If one of the devices has Personal Hotspot enabled, disable it here: Settings Personal Hotspot.

You can find more useful information here:

How to share your Wi-Fi password from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Why won’t my iPad share my wifi password with my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.