Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Many unknown devices on the Health app

Why are their so many devices listed on my health app that I have never used? It even shows the data of each person on their own device such as steps, flights climbed along with heart rates. It had not affected me in my day to day life as my apple ID only shows my own specific devices such as my apple watch and iphone and not any other device listed on the Health app. Should I be worried as most of this data is dated back from 2017 and has had not effect on my daily life until stumbled onto this information when viewing my stats on the Health app for my self. This picture only shows a few out of possibly 50+ devices listed...

Posted on Apr 25, 2023 5:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2023 6:01 PM

If you restore your iPhone, or switch to a new iPhone without disabling Health data in iCloud on your old device first, you will see "duplicates" of your previous setups or iPhones, with Health Data. So it's actually your own iPhone or iPhones from which you can see the Health Data, so you don't have to worry.

I've restored iPhones countless times, and I've learned that if I don't disable Health in iCloud first, there's a duplicate after I set up my iPhone again. If you don't want to see the long list of iPhones, then you can simply delete them one by one.

EDIT: Duplicate is the wrong word for this. The data you see is Health Data stored in iCloud from previous iPhones, or setups on your current iPhone. Hehe tell me if it doesn't make sense 😅

If you suspect that others have access to your Apple ID, see this article:

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2023 6:01 PM in response to ta169

If you restore your iPhone, or switch to a new iPhone without disabling Health data in iCloud on your old device first, you will see "duplicates" of your previous setups or iPhones, with Health Data. So it's actually your own iPhone or iPhones from which you can see the Health Data, so you don't have to worry.

I've restored iPhones countless times, and I've learned that if I don't disable Health in iCloud first, there's a duplicate after I set up my iPhone again. If you don't want to see the long list of iPhones, then you can simply delete them one by one.

EDIT: Duplicate is the wrong word for this. The data you see is Health Data stored in iCloud from previous iPhones, or setups on your current iPhone. Hehe tell me if it doesn't make sense 😅

If you suspect that others have access to your Apple ID, see this article:

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

Apr 10, 2024 11:30 AM in response to Community User

I was just told by support to turn off icloud off and on because rings weren't updating. I now have 3 of my phones on the list of devices. The original one with all the data since getting the watch and more, the other 2 devices only have data from today's turning icloud off and on. After restarting the watch all previous data and awards seem to be correct, do I just leave all devices as is. Will it just continue to write the new data on the "new" devices but will it all be synced anyway?

Many unknown devices on the Health app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.