Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

My AirPods couldn’t charge

Posted on Apr 25, 2023 5:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2023 10:07 PM

"My AirPods couldn’t charge"

-------

Thank you for the photo.

Use an Apple Brand Cable - not a third party one - cool though it may look, a fabric, third-part cable would likely tear - (Apple cable's are plastic and are intended for Apple)

4 replies

Apr 26, 2023 3:34 AM in response to senguan

Hey senguan,

Check and see if there is any dust or debris that is inside the charging port as dust and debris can cause the pins on your charger and AirPods not to connect and therefore no charge. I would suggest using a tooth-pick and lightly scraping the inside of your AirPods. You do not want to be to rough, as it could damage the pins on the inside, but I have done this numerous of times for my iPhone and AirPods and it works every time after that.

Also follow what @TheLittles says about using first party cables, of MFI certified cables. :)

Hope this helps! :D

Apr 26, 2023 4:11 AM in response to senguan

If your reading this article we re going to go out on a limb and say you're probably pretty frust with your airpods at the moment when earbuds like apple airpods aren't charging it can be a bit complicated to get everything back into working order not to fear though with a little methodical checking you can diagnose why your airpods aren't able to blast music right this very moment

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.