Dropped my iPhone and display has gone kaboom

I accidentally dropped my iPhone X and now it is showing a big fluorescent green line, accompanied by other lines and the display has become loose from the iPhone itself. I don’t know if there is anything else to fix it, rather than repairing. The cost of repairing is way too much.

iPhone X

Posted on Apr 25, 2023 7:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2023 7:19 PM

If the phone is damaged as much as you indicate, Apple may tell you that they not going to repair the phone.....even if you might be willing to pay. It all depends on what they find.

Make an appointment at the Apple Store or take the phone to an authorized Apple Service shop to let them take a look. That's the only way you will know what your options might be. Good luck.

Find Locations

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2023 7:19 PM in response to -TheAppleGuy-

If the phone is damaged as much as you indicate, Apple may tell you that they not going to repair the phone.....even if you might be willing to pay. It all depends on what they find.

Make an appointment at the Apple Store or take the phone to an authorized Apple Service shop to let them take a look. That's the only way you will know what your options might be. Good luck.

Find Locations

Apr 25, 2023 7:15 PM in response to -TheAppleGuy-

Screen damage if determined by Apple to be accidental is not covered by the regular warranty. If you have Applecare Plus you get two accidental damages/incidents for the life of the warranty at reduced cost.

Read this document about 'iPhone Repair - Screen Damage' [and links to other iPhone repair services]. Click here --> iPhone Screen Repair & Replacement - Apple Support

- Use the Get Estimate tool to find out the price for your model. It is best that you do that since I do not assume you are in the same country as me.

Dropped my iPhone and display has gone kaboom

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.