You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iOS 18 is now available

Customize your iPhone in more ways than ever, stay connected with friends and family, and relive your favorite moments. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to turn off iPhone screen without power button

Is there a way I can turn off my phone screen without the power button? I don’t mean restarting, I mean literally just turning the display off because my phone case makes it hard to press the button. Sorry I know it’s not a big deal, I’m just curious.

iPhone 11

Posted on Apr 26, 2023 12:13 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2024 10:17 AM

For iPhone 11 (or later), one can try the following two methods to lock the screen without using the power button.

Method 1: Settings > Accessibility > Touch > Back Tap > Double Tap > Lock Screen. If the back panel doesn't respond without taking the case off or if one prefers a front tap instead of the back tap, here is method 2: Settings > Accessibility > Touch > Assistive Touch > turn on Assistive Touch and then choose Single-Tap > Lock Screen. Now the front screen should have a soft/virtual button that one can tap once to lock the screen.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 25, 2024 10:17 AM in response to cindy359

For iPhone 11 (or later), one can try the following two methods to lock the screen without using the power button.

Method 1: Settings > Accessibility > Touch > Back Tap > Double Tap > Lock Screen. If the back panel doesn't respond without taking the case off or if one prefers a front tap instead of the back tap, here is method 2: Settings > Accessibility > Touch > Assistive Touch > turn on Assistive Touch and then choose Single-Tap > Lock Screen. Now the front screen should have a soft/virtual button that one can tap once to lock the screen.

How to turn off iPhone screen without power button

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.