Need to eliminate my old phone number & Apple ID

Need to eliminate my old phone number & Apple ID or stop whoever is hacking me with another one of my ID’s from my old phone number. Must update my emails with my new phone numbers.

My iPhone XR is my only device & a hacker is using my (754)# based if an old iPhone 7 I had.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 26, 2023 3:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2023 4:07 AM

You can follow these tips to solve your problem.

If you suspect that your old phone number and Apple ID are being used by a hacker, it's essential to take immediate action to protect your personal information and prevent further unauthorized access. Here are some steps you can take:

1. Change your Apple ID password: The first step is to change your Apple ID password to prevent the hacker from accessing your account. Go to appleid.apple.com, sign in with your Apple ID, and change your password.
  2. Remove your old phone number: To remove your old phone number from iMessage and FaceTime, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive, tap your Apple ID, and then tap Sign Out. Repeat the same steps for FaceTime. You may also want to remove the phone number from your Apple ID account.
  3. Enable two-factor authentication: Two-factor authentication provides an extra layer of security by requiring a verification code in addition to your password. Go to Settings > [Your Name] > Password & Security and turn on Two-Factor Authentication.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2023 4:07 AM in response to MaryKateGoodman

You can follow these tips to solve your problem.

If you suspect that your old phone number and Apple ID are being used by a hacker, it's essential to take immediate action to protect your personal information and prevent further unauthorized access. Here are some steps you can take:

1. Change your Apple ID password: The first step is to change your Apple ID password to prevent the hacker from accessing your account. Go to appleid.apple.com, sign in with your Apple ID, and change your password.
  2. Remove your old phone number: To remove your old phone number from iMessage and FaceTime, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive, tap your Apple ID, and then tap Sign Out. Repeat the same steps for FaceTime. You may also want to remove the phone number from your Apple ID account.
  3. Enable two-factor authentication: Two-factor authentication provides an extra layer of security by requiring a verification code in addition to your password. Go to Settings > [Your Name] > Password & Security and turn on Two-Factor Authentication.

Apr 26, 2023 4:44 AM in response to MaryKateGoodman

Very direct & concise thank you! I’ve done everything else. I’ll have to call apple to remove my phone number (old) & old ID I think however. I’ve been monitoring how they’ve been getting in-so I’ve cut them off at each pass. Must eliminate manhh ya outdated ID’s anyway, & newer ones I’m not using. & be much more discerning is the key! And if done correctly, who knows, I may not have to get another iphones now!

Need to eliminate my old phone number & Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.