Generate App-Specific Password

A

Posted on Apr 26, 2023 5:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2023 5:50 AM

You may have enabled 2-step verification for the email service provider. In that case, you need to generate an App-specific password for the iOS mail app. Sign in to apps with your Apple ID using app-specific passwords - Apple Support (IN)

Google

An App Password is a 16-digit passcode that gives a non-Google app or device permission to access your Google Account. App Passwords can only be used ... Sign in using App Passwords - Google Account Help

Yahoo

Watch the GIF below for generating and using app-specific Yahoo password on iOS mail app. On other Yahoo app and on a web browser you do not require to generate this app specific password --> Generate and manage third-party app passwords

GIF for app specific password

Outlook

Have you enabled two-step verification with your Microsoft account (Outlook)

You will have to generate app specific password --> Using app passwords with apps that don't support two-step ...

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2023 5:50 AM in response to Ahsanullah17

You may have enabled 2-step verification for the email service provider. In that case, you need to generate an App-specific password for the iOS mail app. Sign in to apps with your Apple ID using app-specific passwords - Apple Support (IN)

Google

An App Password is a 16-digit passcode that gives a non-Google app or device permission to access your Google Account. App Passwords can only be used ... Sign in using App Passwords - Google Account Help

Yahoo

Watch the GIF below for generating and using app-specific Yahoo password on iOS mail app. On other Yahoo app and on a web browser you do not require to generate this app specific password --> Generate and manage third-party app passwords

GIF for app specific password

Outlook

Have you enabled two-step verification with your Microsoft account (Outlook)

You will have to generate app specific password --> Using app passwords with apps that don't support two-step ...

Aug 1, 2023 3:51 PM in response to Ahsanullah17

Trying to setup Outlook on my Mac. And with the new cacOS update Venture 13.5, it's prompting me to add "Generate App-Specific Password" (usually done through the web), on my iPhone or my Mac. It says "Continue on one of your devices On an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch go to Settings > Apple ID. On a Mac go to System Preferences or System Settings > Apple ID."

Tried iPhone and Mac...unable to find on how to "Generate App-Specific Password" anywhere under Apple ID.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Generate App-Specific Password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.