Connect to specific smb folder on iOS device

We have iPad's 4th gen running iOS 16.4.1 and are using the Apple Files app to connect to an SMB share; Windows 2022 server shared folder. I can connect to the server and I am shown all the shared on the shared server. I want to connect to a specific shared folder and have tried to set the server connection to smb://server/specificfolder and the connection does not work. Is there a way to connect to a specific windows shared folder?

iPad Air (4th generation)

Posted on Apr 26, 2023 8:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2023 2:17 PM

Yes it is. We connected using file://ipaddress/sharedfolder and it worked fine. After connecting this way we then tried smb://servername/sharedfolder and it now authenticates. Previously when connecting only the smf://servername worked and then all folders were shown. Maybe we typed a wrong character previously or using the IP address somehow updated a cache setting or something. Either way it works fine.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2023 2:17 PM in response to LotusPilot

Yes it is. We connected using file://ipaddress/sharedfolder and it worked fine. After connecting this way we then tried smb://servername/sharedfolder and it now authenticates. Previously when connecting only the smf://servername worked and then all folders were shown. Maybe we typed a wrong character previously or using the IP address somehow updated a cache setting or something. Either way it works fine.

Connect to specific smb folder on iOS device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.