How to recover deleted App Store on iPhone?

my friend deleted the App Store on his iPhone SE 2020 he does not have enough brain cells to do this himself so I’m doing it for him. How do I help him put the App Store back on his phone? (ps we already tried going to App library and putting it back on the home screen. It’s not in App library.)

[Re-titled by Moderator]

iPhone SE (3rd generation)

Posted on Apr 26, 2023 9:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2024 9:03 PM

jacey166 wrote:

my mom deleted my app store off my phone and i don’t know how to get it back please someone help me

It hasn't been deleted, just restricted. Nobody here can change those settings, only your mom can unrestrict it.

16 replies

Jun 21, 2024 7:03 AM in response to kassidy148

kassidy148 wrote:

My friend dared my to try to delete the App Store in January, I can’t get it back, don’t know what to do

Assuming your phone is not jailbroken, when you attempt to delete the App Store it only removes it from your Home Screen and places it in the App Library. You are still able to add it back to one of your Screens by following this support article:

Find your apps in App Library on iPhone - Apple Support

The only other reason it will not be available is if you have Screen Time restrictions set on your device. The setting is called "Installing Apps" and will remove the App Store from your phone when that setting is turned off. Turning it back on will make the App Store available again on your phone.

Apr 26, 2023 9:47 AM in response to Kosko06

Hello,

It appears you cannot find the App Store app. This issue is outlined in this support article --> Download apps and games on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Certain built-in apps cannot be deleted so it is somewhere on your device. It can be hidden by you, or by an administrator if your device is managed by an education or business institution. In the latter case you need to contact the administrator.

See if you hid it with restrictions:

Screen Time - Allowed apps Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

- "If you turn off an app or feature, it won’t delete it, it’s just temporarily hidden from your Home screen."

- Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > [Enter passcode] > Allowed Apps

See if it is in your App Library -->

Organize the Home Screen and App Library on your iPhone [iOS14] - Organize the Home Screen and App Library on your iPhone - Apple Support

"Search for it ( Use Search on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support ). Swipe down from the middle of any home screen and type the name of the app into the search field at the top of the screen. If it is in a folder, it will show the folder on the right of the app name after you tap on the app when it appears in the search."

"Reset the Home screen layout which will return the [app] to the home screen as long as it isn’t restricted. When you do this, it returns the home screen to out of the box condition and it will destroy any folders you had on the home screen. Settings > General > Reset > Reset Home screen layout."

Apr 27, 2024 9:06 PM in response to jacey166

jacey166 wrote:

my mom deleted my app store off my phone and i don’t know how to get it back please someone help me

Your mom has put restrictions on your device preventing you from using the App Store. You will not be able to put it back on your iPhone. Only your Mom can remove the restriction that will allow you to use the App Store again.

Jun 16, 2024 12:08 PM in response to Kosko06

So my mom deleted it off App Store and I really wanna know how to get it off. I’m on like back on so like I’m looking I’m searching whatever it does not help so please and I mean, please please please help me like I really need it. I really need it because I have one app that I have to download back and it’s really really really important so please please please please please please somebody help. It’s hard to download back on App Store if you do not have an App Store. :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-(

Jun 16, 2024 12:10 PM in response to Kosko06

So I deleted not me, but my mom deleted off Apple Store of my iPhone SE and I have one app that I have to download back. It’s super important but how do I download back on Apple Store if I got no Apple Store so please please please somebody help me and reply to this with some answers Please it’s really hard to download on the app if I got no App Store please please please please somebody please help I am over here struggling to find answers please :-( :-( :-( :-(

Jun 21, 2024 6:42 AM in response to kassidy148

kassidy148 wrote:

My friend dared my to try to delete the App Store in January, I can’t get it back, don’t know what to do

Unless you jailbroke your iPhone, it's not possible to delete the App Store. If you did jailbreak your phone, the only suggestion we can offer is to restore your iPhone as new.

If you did not jailbreak the phone, you'll need to explain exactly what you did.

How to recover deleted App Store on iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.