IPhone 8 Plus Battery Issue

Hello, so I have an iPhone 8 Plus, then I bought online (not a genuine apple brick and connector) a 20W Charger. I noticed that when I started using it, my phone restarts randomly then the iPhone cannot detect my battery. Before it restarted, my phone has a battery health of 100 and after it restarts, this message can be seen on the settings (Battery)

This iPhone is unable to determine battery health. An Apple Authorized Service Provider can service the battery. More about service options…

Before the random restart:

After the Random Restart:

However, after how many restarts ( like 5 times, 3 times) I cannot really tell. The phone will be back to normal, the battery is detected, and the battery health is back to 100%.

The 20W charger is suspicious.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 26, 2023 11:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2023 11:18 AM

Hello ~ You need to have it checked out as there is no way an iPhone 8 has 100% battery and the device is shutting down randomly. Take a look here for in to have it checked out…

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

iPhone Battery Repair & Replacement

Likely the battery needs replacing.

~Katana-San~

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2023 11:18 AM in response to makuuu_91

Hello ~ You need to have it checked out as there is no way an iPhone 8 has 100% battery and the device is shutting down randomly. Take a look here for in to have it checked out…

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

iPhone Battery Repair & Replacement

Likely the battery needs replacing.

~Katana-San~

Apr 26, 2023 11:25 AM in response to makuuu_91

Maximum Capacity would be 100% only if the battery was replaced in the last month or two.

If a non-genuine Apple battery was installed in the phone, then that would explain the conflicting information that you are receiving.

Make an appointment at the Apple Store or take the phone to an authorized Apple Service shop to let them connect the diagnostic equipment to try to get some answers about the battery.

It's likely not the adapter that is the issue here. They either work, or they don't. But, it can be checked with the phone.

However, if the wrong type of battery has been installed, Apple may refuse to service the phone.

Apr 30, 2023 12:19 AM in response to Bob Timmons

Hello, the battery was actually replaced by an authorized Apple Service shop. I told them what is happening after they replaced my battery, they told me that the battery was intact, and there were no faulty wires, everything is good. It just randomly restarts, and no battery was detected. After how many minutes, the iPhone will restart, and the battery is detected again.

Apr 30, 2023 12:26 AM in response to lobsterghost1

I noticed that it only restarts when my phone is very hot. the battery was actually replaced by an authorized Apple Service shop. I told them what is happening, they told me that the battery was intact, and there were no faulty wires. It just randomly restarts, and no battery was detected. After how many minutes, the iPhone will restart, and the battery is detected again. I also reset the iPhone itself

IPhone 8 Plus Battery Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.