Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

How to recover photos from a stolen iPhone?

My iPhone 12 has been stolen. Is there a way to get my photos back ? I do have iCloud but I don’t think I backed it up into it. Please help

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 26, 2023 11:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2023 11:46 AM

If you had iCloud Photos turned on, the photos would have automatically synced. If you aren't sure, use any internet browser and log into www.icloud.com and go to the Photos app there.

If the photos aren't there, then iCloud Photos wasn't on but you may have been automatically backing up to iCloud while the phone charged. You cannot view the contents of an iCloud Backup but you can use the backup to setup a new device. You can use information in the following support article to see what backups are currently in iCloud including the device name, date, and size of the backup. See the "Delete backups and turn off iCloud Backup for your device" section of Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support (but don't delete the backup, just view the information about it).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2023 11:46 AM in response to Marleenlove

If you had iCloud Photos turned on, the photos would have automatically synced. If you aren't sure, use any internet browser and log into www.icloud.com and go to the Photos app there.

If the photos aren't there, then iCloud Photos wasn't on but you may have been automatically backing up to iCloud while the phone charged. You cannot view the contents of an iCloud Backup but you can use the backup to setup a new device. You can use information in the following support article to see what backups are currently in iCloud including the device name, date, and size of the backup. See the "Delete backups and turn off iCloud Backup for your device" section of Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support (but don't delete the backup, just view the information about it).

How to recover photos from a stolen iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.