How to recover my old Apple account with a new phone number?

I’m really upset with apple, I have two iCloud accounts because my phone broke and I had to completely change my email because I forgot the password and had to get a new phone no matter how many times i try to recover my old account it wont let me because I have a new number and it keeps saying it’ll send a request for my number change to my email but I can’t get into my email because I’ve forgotten the password and it keeps sending me around and around in a loop I just want my old email back 😭 I’ve been trying to get my email back for over 3 years

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 26, 2023 11:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2023 6:35 PM

Hi again,

Re: "I have two iCloud accounts because my phone broke"

Seems to regain access to your old original iCloud account, if it is still in operation, you would just need to recover the Apple ID (usually an eMail address, in some countries a phone number) that you used then, in order to log-in with that.

What to do: If you forgot your Apple ID password – Apple Support

or

Apple has a support page, where you enter your Apple ID, (you can look it up if needed) to reset your password.

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid?r=1&language=US-EN

If need be:

How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2023 6:35 PM in response to tabby37

Hi again,

Re: "I have two iCloud accounts because my phone broke"

Seems to regain access to your old original iCloud account, if it is still in operation, you would just need to recover the Apple ID (usually an eMail address, in some countries a phone number) that you used then, in order to log-in with that.

What to do: If you forgot your Apple ID password – Apple Support

or

Apple has a support page, where you enter your Apple ID, (you can look it up if needed) to reset your password.

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid?r=1&language=US-EN

If need be:

How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Apr 26, 2023 6:16 PM in response to tabby37

Re: "I can’t get into my email because I’ve forgotten the password"

"I just want my old email back"

Generally, if you go to the eMail account online (eg: Yahoo, Gmail or Outlook etc.,) and click the "Sign In" button there, there is normally a "forgot password" option to have the password reset from the eMail provider. You may also have set up a secondary eMail address there, in case of access problems.

To add an eMail account to your iPhone:

Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

NB: The above article ends:

"If you still can't set up your email account or save your email settings, contact your email provider."

How to recover my old Apple account with a new phone number?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.