Albums bought from Bandcamp and added to Apple Music becoming unavailable - "This song is not synced across your devices"

Heya all,

I mostly used to buy my music from Bandcamp and add them manually to my phone via apple music without the subscription. Ever since I bought an AM sub, the only content ever being synced is what I download from AM rather than what's on my local MacBook filesystem.

Each time I try to add/play my purchased albums, I'm told that I have to select "Sync Library" on both my devices, which I have (and also (de)selected) multiple times for good measure).

I've confirmed 5 times that Sync Library is enabled on both devices but to no avail.

Is there any way around this issue? Or am I only allowed to have AM downloads remain synced and playable?

Posted on Apr 26, 2023 5:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2023 11:51 PM

Hi,

Music from other sources should be add to your iCloud music library. These tracks will either be matched or uploaded - check iCloud status. See If songs are missing from your music library after you turn on Sync Library – Apple Support (UK)

Jim

1 reply

Albums bought from Bandcamp and added to Apple Music becoming unavailable - "This song is not synced across your devices"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.