Apple ID

my id is locked I dont have the number linked to the phone anymore and my gmail account is not working its locked me out years ago are there any other ways to reset the password so it will unlock my account

iPhone XR

Posted on Apr 26, 2023 9:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2023 4:18 AM

If you find you can’t sign in, reset your password, or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery ( How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support ) to regain access to your account. Account recovery might take a few days or longer, depending on the specific account information you can provide to verify your identity.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2023 4:18 AM in response to tim24--_

If you find you can’t sign in, reset your password, or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery ( How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support ) to regain access to your account. Account recovery might take a few days or longer, depending on the specific account information you can provide to verify your identity.

May 4, 2023 2:02 AM in response to Limnos

With out access to the email that is linked to the apple ID you cannot request account recovery. I was told the only thing we can do is to find a 4- or 5-year-old receipt of the purchase of the iPhone XR, which might be impossible. If we go into an apple store with the phone and the person who bought the iphone how can they not unlock the apple id

Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.