convert an .exe file to a file that can be read by my iMac OS X Ventura 13.3.1

I have an .exe file that I would like to open/read using my iMac OS X Ventura 13.3.1. Is there a quick fix or do I need to download BootCamp (something that I really do not want to do)?

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Apr 27, 2023 1:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2023 6:53 AM

You are correct: once an exe, always an exe. And Bootcamp is out as a possible solution. So, I have since done a fair amount of digging and have realized the the only way to get my 2 files readable by my iMac is to initially record them using the ISO-9660 format. That will allow both Mac and PC to read the files. I use Toast Titanium v20 and it works swimmingly. But you were 100% correct.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2023 6:53 AM in response to turingtest2

You are correct: once an exe, always an exe. And Bootcamp is out as a possible solution. So, I have since done a fair amount of digging and have realized the the only way to get my 2 files readable by my iMac is to initially record them using the ISO-9660 format. That will allow both Mac and PC to read the files. I use Toast Titanium v20 and it works swimmingly. But you were 100% correct.

convert an .exe file to a file that can be read by my iMac OS X Ventura 13.3.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.