You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Google Calendar Event alerts not working

I can no longer receive Google Calendar Évent alerts. The emails still go through, but the notifications don’t. However the Reminder and Task alerts DO come over the phone

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Apr 27, 2023 3:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 31, 2024 12:52 PM

I checked every item in the list above. I am still not receiving any Google Calendar event notifications whatsoever on my iPhone. Super annoying -- its seems like every other app is dying to send you notifications, but for the one time-sensitive app I have - Google Calendar - I can't get it to show notifications no matter what I try.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 31, 2024 12:52 PM in response to Chris_C1

I checked every item in the list above. I am still not receiving any Google Calendar event notifications whatsoever on my iPhone. Super annoying -- its seems like every other app is dying to send you notifications, but for the one time-sensitive app I have - Google Calendar - I can't get it to show notifications no matter what I try.

Apr 29, 2023 9:23 AM in response to KimberlyOwen

Hi KimberlyOwen,

Taking a look at Change notification settings on iPhone, let's check your app notification settings, which can help:

"

1. Go to Settings  > Notifications.
  2. Choose how you want notifications displayed on the Lock Screen:
    • View just the number of notifications: Tap Count.
    • View the notifications grouped into stacks by app: Tap Stack.
    • View the notifications in a list: Tap List.
  1. When notifications arrive, you can change the layout by pinching the notifications on the Lock Screen.
  2. To schedule a notification summary, tap Scheduled Summary, then turn on Scheduled Summary. (See schedule a notification summary.)
  3. To choose when you want notification previews to appear, tap Show Previews, select an option—Always, When Unlocked, or Never—then tap the Back button at the top left.
  4. Previews can include things like text (from Messages and Mail) and invitation details (from Calendar). You can override this setting for individual apps.
  5. Tap an app below Notification Style, then turn Allow Notifications on or off.
  6. If you turn on Allow Notifications, choose when you want the notifications delivered—immediately or in the scheduled notification summary—and turn Time Sensitive Notifications on or off.
  7. For many apps, you can also set a notification banner style and turn sounds and badges on or off.

"

Cheers.

Google Calendar Event alerts not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.