Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

My Apple Watch is stuck on a boot loop blinking just the Apple logo when connected to the charge or just showing the Apple logo and going off when not connected to charge. The iPhone it was initially paired to got stolen. How do I restore my watch?

My Apple Watch is stuck on a boot loop blinking just the Apple logo when connected to the charge or just showing the Apple logo and going off when not connected to charge. The iPhone it was initially paired to got stolen. How do I restore my watch?

Apple Watch Series 3

Posted on Apr 27, 2023 5:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2023 5:45 AM

If your watch was repaired by Apple Service or an official approved service center I suggest get it back to them as a failed service (complaint) because it never worked to re-pair to your iPhone after the service. If you tried to do it yourself, or an unapproved workshop, then all bets are off and we might not be able to help you.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2023 5:45 AM in response to Ed_jefe

If your watch was repaired by Apple Service or an official approved service center I suggest get it back to them as a failed service (complaint) because it never worked to re-pair to your iPhone after the service. If you tried to do it yourself, or an unapproved workshop, then all bets are off and we might not be able to help you.

Apr 27, 2023 5:27 AM in response to Ed_jefe

Your description with the logo cycling repeatedly when on charger power, and going to black screen when off charger suggests the battery is almost completely discharged and does not have enough energy to complete the startup sequence. The charger alone does not have enough output to power the watch through a reboot, it needs the battery. Try leaving it on charge for several hours, and if possible overnight.

Apr 27, 2023 5:35 AM in response to Branta_uk

Thanks for your response, I’ll try leaving it to charge overnight. Could there be any other explanation, as I just recently replaced the screen and battery after which it powered on and worked fine but refused to pair with my iPhone SE 2nd gen in an attempt to force reboot I pressed and held the Digital Crown and side button it was at that point it went into the boot loop sequence of Apple logo and black screen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.