Apple Business Manager with Intune Device Management

Unable to install Intune Company portal app to enrol device as by default signing in with a managed apple id blocks users from downloading apps.

Find my devices does not work with Managed Apple IDs - can not find a way to enable this.

Apple Wallet / Pay also does not work - can not find a way to enable this.

iPhone 14

Posted on Apr 27, 2023 7:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2023 11:03 AM

Managed Apple IDs (MAIDs) are extremely limited. I only use them in my environment for access to services such as App Store Connect, Business Connect, Apple Business Manager, and Apple Developer.

There really isn't an advantage to MAIDs over personal Apple IDs for devices.

If you're looking to be able to locate devices or deploy apps, you'll want to talk to your MDM vendor about how they implement this. Apple IDs are not a requirement for either of these on supervised managed devices.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2023 11:03 AM in response to TenAdmin

Managed Apple IDs (MAIDs) are extremely limited. I only use them in my environment for access to services such as App Store Connect, Business Connect, Apple Business Manager, and Apple Developer.

There really isn't an advantage to MAIDs over personal Apple IDs for devices.

If you're looking to be able to locate devices or deploy apps, you'll want to talk to your MDM vendor about how they implement this. Apple IDs are not a requirement for either of these on supervised managed devices.

Apple Business Manager with Intune Device Management

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.