Podcast repeatedly asks me to sign in

why does podcast keeping asking me to sign in again and again and again even though I am already in podcast?

iMac, macOS 10.12

Posted on Apr 27, 2023 7:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2024 10:54 AM

The suggested fix does not work. I have restarted. I am signed in to my Apple ID for everything else. I still get the pop up for the podcast. I hit cancel. And it pops up repeatedly. It won't stop.

2 replies

May 1, 2023 10:00 AM in response to whynotnowanyhow

Hi there whynotnowanyhow,

To confirm, are you able to sign in elsewhere without any issues? If needed, you can try to sign into the Apple ID website here: Manage your Apple ID This can help us see if this is happening elsewhere or not with your Apple ID.

Another step that you can take to help possibly resolve this repeated sign in prompt is to restart your iMac. Restarting refreshes installed apps and macOS, which is why this might help. The steps below show how if needed:

"Restart your Mac

• On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > Restart.
  • If you don’t want app windows that are open to reopen when your Mac restarts, deselect “Reopen windows when logging back in."

Those steps are from this article: Shut down or restart your Mac Please let us know if that helps or if you've already tried those steps.

Take care.

Podcast repeatedly asks me to sign in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.