Ghost login/passwords in keychain.

I have bogus login/passwords (including the correct ones) in my passwords. I try to edit/delete, but they return? How can I edit delete permanently?

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Apr 27, 2023 4:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2023 4:39 AM

See the article How to find saved passwords and passkeys on your Mac - Apple Support

If web sites are not important you can right click over them ( in the location safari > preferences ) > password section ( enter admin password ) to open , right click over them and click on delete .

See another article Remove a passkey or password from your Mac and iCloud Keychain - Apple Support (

Note : when you delete the password , the new password has to be updated and click on save , the website and its password will be saved , in fact what you are doing is just deleting the password , and not adding a new password and clicking on save , that's the reason the different websites and their password is again saved and not getting deleted .

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2023 4:39 AM in response to Joe Kay

See the article How to find saved passwords and passkeys on your Mac - Apple Support

If web sites are not important you can right click over them ( in the location safari > preferences ) > password section ( enter admin password ) to open , right click over them and click on delete .

See another article Remove a passkey or password from your Mac and iCloud Keychain - Apple Support (

Note : when you delete the password , the new password has to be updated and click on save , the website and its password will be saved , in fact what you are doing is just deleting the password , and not adding a new password and clicking on save , that's the reason the different websites and their password is again saved and not getting deleted .

Ghost login/passwords in keychain.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.