Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Why does the viewer window turn black when importing a png in Final Cut?

When I import a png the viewer window turns black sometimes. At other times it turns black after pressing scale.

[Link Edited by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 16″

Posted on Apr 28, 2023 12:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2023 12:21 PM

Hello Hogni,

Please check out the information in this link, which can help you troubleshoot some issues with Final Cut Pro: Final Cut Pro support resources

Final Cut Pro Troubleshooting basics

If Final Cut Pro isn't performing as expected, try these basic troubleshooting steps to attempt to isolate and resolve the issue. Please note that these steps are not intended to address a specific issue and are not comprehensive.

If additional assistance is needed, please contact Apple Support for help here: Get Support

Thanks!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2023 12:21 PM in response to Hogni

Hello Hogni,

Please check out the information in this link, which can help you troubleshoot some issues with Final Cut Pro: Final Cut Pro support resources

Final Cut Pro Troubleshooting basics

If Final Cut Pro isn't performing as expected, try these basic troubleshooting steps to attempt to isolate and resolve the issue. Please note that these steps are not intended to address a specific issue and are not comprehensive.

If additional assistance is needed, please contact Apple Support for help here: Get Support

Thanks!

Apr 30, 2023 5:09 AM in response to Brittany1416

I have tried everything including reinstalling Final Cut Pro.

When I rescale a png or a tif the viewer window becomes black.

I have tried making a new library, a new project, using other footage from a different source, trying.

With one png it worked. Then I made a new one in Illustrator and it happened again.

This is very frustrating. I can't finnish my project.

Why does the viewer window turn black when importing a png in Final Cut?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.