Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

icloud not active

whenever i want to sign in my icloud it tells me not in active what is wrong

iPhone 6s, 15

Posted on Apr 28, 2023 2:28 AM

4 replies

Apr 28, 2023 2:31 AM in response to debliss

It would be better if you can please re-post with a screenshot, in order to understand the phenomenon better. Images/pictures speak louder than words. 

Please understand this is a public forum: While attaching a Screenshot, do not provide any personal credentials, such as IP address, Card detail, email id, apple id, IMEI number, Serial Number, Phone number, Order ID, if you are sharing a map ensure your location is not identifiable, etc.

With the limited information that you have provided, It is hard to even guess the problems faced by you. 

You may get faster and better responses to your query by --> Writing an effective Apple Support Commun… - Apple ...

Please re-post with detail so that someone else can help.

Apr 28, 2023 2:31 AM in response to debliss

iCloud uses Apple ID credentials.

If you do not remember the Apple ID Password then follow the steps given in this Apple Article -> If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If you do not remember the Apple ID then follow the steps given in this Apple Article -> If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

If you are the owner or the owner has shared all information with you then to open Activation Lock:- If it is Activation locked, read here --> Turn off Activation Lock - Apple Support Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Learn how to remove a device from a previous owner's account.

If you are not the owner and do not have the Apple ID and Password then there is no way that you can get into this iPhone unless the original owner shares the Apple ID and password with you. If you are lucky you can get into this iPhone if they (owner) accidentally remove the device from their Apple ID.

Apr 28, 2023 12:02 PM in response to debliss

If you've ever requested to deactivate your Apple ID, see -> How to deactivate your Apple ID account

How to deactivate your Apple ID account – Apple Support (UK)

scroll to ⤵️

How to temporarily deactivate your Apple ID

Sign in with your Apple ID at privacy.apple.com on a Mac, PC, iPhone or iPad, and select "Request to deactivate your account". If you can’t see this option, it means that this feature is not available in your country or region. 

When you request to deactivate your account, you receive a unique alphanumeric access code. Make sure that you keep this access code in a safe place – you must have it to reactivate your account. 

After we verify that you are the account holder making the request, we deactivate your account.

Can I reactivate my account?

Yes. If you request account deactivation, you'll receive a unique alphanumeric access code. When you're ready to reactivate your Apple ID, contact Apple Support, provide your access code and we’ll help you reactivate your account. If you lose this code, we won't be able to help reactivate your account. 

icloud not active

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.