Apple ID issue

When I try to update my Apple ID it says “This email address cannot be used as an Apple ID at this time”. What am I doing wrong?

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Apr 28, 2023 3:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2023 4:58 AM

Are you trying to use an iCloud email address? If yes then you may be encountering a restriction described in :

Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

- There's special instructions if you want to change your Apple ID to an @icloud.com address.

"If you try to change your Apple ID to an @icloud.com email address that was created within the last 30 days, you will be asked to try again later."

If that is not the problem then ask Apple. That's the only thing I know of that would result in a message implying you need to try at a later time. Refer to this document for ways to contact Apple --> Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support

Select your country (also look for "other" regions), then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

Contact Apple for support and service by telephone --> Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2023 4:58 AM in response to Greenie73

Are you trying to use an iCloud email address? If yes then you may be encountering a restriction described in :

Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

- There's special instructions if you want to change your Apple ID to an @icloud.com address.

"If you try to change your Apple ID to an @icloud.com email address that was created within the last 30 days, you will be asked to try again later."

If that is not the problem then ask Apple. That's the only thing I know of that would result in a message implying you need to try at a later time. Refer to this document for ways to contact Apple --> Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support

Select your country (also look for "other" regions), then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

Contact Apple for support and service by telephone --> Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Apple ID issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.