Passcode to unlock phone

I can’t put in my passcode because of a dead spot on my phone what can I do to unlock it to transfer everything to my new phone

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 28, 2023 7:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2023 7:13 AM

Do you have your data stored in an iCloud backup? You could restore your new phone to an iCloud backup. Otherwise there is no way to enter the iPhone without a passcode (unless you had it set up for FaceID or TouchID ahead of time). You can reset a phone if you cannot enter a passcode but that involves erasing the phone which means no data to transfer.

This support article has instructions on how to restore an iPhone or iPad from an iCloud backup -->

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2023 7:13 AM in response to Mgrissom42

Do you have your data stored in an iCloud backup? You could restore your new phone to an iCloud backup. Otherwise there is no way to enter the iPhone without a passcode (unless you had it set up for FaceID or TouchID ahead of time). You can reset a phone if you cannot enter a passcode but that involves erasing the phone which means no data to transfer.

This support article has instructions on how to restore an iPhone or iPad from an iCloud backup -->

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Passcode to unlock phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.