Sending messages to everyone but two

I have a iPhone and a iPad both ate linked so I can an get phone calls on both and send messages on both, but two of my contacts I can only send messages on my iPhone and not my iPad, everyone else no problems, how do I fix this

iPad, 16

Posted on Apr 28, 2023 11:03 AM

1 reply

May 1, 2023 12:35 PM in response to Concerneded

Hello Concerneded,

Are these contacts sending text messages or iMessage? If text messages, you may need to simply forward your text messages to your iPad. Here's how you could set that up: Forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your Mac or iPad

Forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your Mac or iPad

With Text Message Forwarding, the SMS/MMS messages that you send and receive on your iPhone can appear on your Mac or iPad as well. Then you can continue the conversation from the device you want.

The same text messages shown on an iPhone and a Mac 

When someone sends you an SMS or MMS message on your iPhone, it appears as a green bubble, and iMessages appear as blue bubbles. When you set up Text Message Forwarding, you can send and receive the SMS and MMS messages from your iPhone on any device that meets the Continuity system requirements.

You can also use iCloud to keep your entire messages history updated and available on all your devices, even when you set up a new device. Learn how to keep all your messages in iCloud.

Automatically forward texts to your other devices

1. Make sure that you're signed in to iMessage with the same Apple ID on each device:

* iPhone or iPad: Check the Apple ID shown in Settings > Messages > Send & Receive.

* Mac: Open the Messages app, choose Messages > Settings (or Preferences), then click iMessage. Check the Apple ID shown.

2. On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding.

If you don't see Text Message Forwarding, go to Settings > Messages. Turn off iMessage, then turn it back on. Tap Send & Receive, tap Use Your Apple ID for iMessage, then sign in with the same Apple ID used on your other devices.

3. Choose which devices can send and receive text messages from your iPhone:

The Text Message Forwarding settting on iPhone

4. If you choose a device that isn't using two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, a verification code appears on each of your other devices: enter that code on your iPhone.

As long as your iPhone is turned on and connected to Wi-Fi or a cellular network, new SMS/MMS texts can be sent and received on the devices that you added.

Manually forward texts

1. Touch and hold the message bubble that you want to forward, then tap More.

2. Select additional text messages, if desired.

3. Tap Forward  and enter a recipient. 

4. Tap Send .

In case that wasn't the issue, please reply back providing more information. For example, do these conversations show up on the iPad at all? The more we can understand, the better we can help out.

Take care.

Sending messages to everyone but two

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.