I cannot print from my MacBook AIr but all other devices in my home can

I cannot print from my MacBook AIr but all other devices in my home can - how can I solve this issue?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 28, 2023 2:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2023 6:14 PM

KingPirate1 Said:

"I cannot print from my MacBook AIr but all other devices in my home can - how can I solve this issue?"

-------

Troubleshooting Printers:

Incompatibility may be the issue here. What's the model of your printer? What's the macOS installed?

Some Thoughts...

I. On the Printer Itself:

I would try printing to it using USB, seeing if it goes through. If not, it is probably an issue with the printer, such as its WiFi capabilities being down. If so, then it's an issue with WiFi, Ethernet, or Bluetooth (which ever is being used for this) settings. To connect to the network with it, you would do so on the screen on the printer.

II. Reset your SMC and your NVRAM:

(Applies to Intel-Based Macs Only): Sometimes changes are made to the system and then settings (i.e. for WiFi) become manipulated, technically. So, reset both on your Mac, so that they operate as intended.

III. Clear your Temporary Internet Files (Cookies & Cache) of Safari:

IV. Try a New User:

Also, create a new Administrator user. See if it then works. If so, then it is something misconfigured in the current user. So transfer items over to the new user (i.e. photosand documents). Finally, Trash this User.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2023 6:14 PM in response to KingPirate1

KingPirate1 Said:

"I cannot print from my MacBook AIr but all other devices in my home can - how can I solve this issue?"

-------

Troubleshooting Printers:

Incompatibility may be the issue here. What's the model of your printer? What's the macOS installed?

Some Thoughts...

I. On the Printer Itself:

I would try printing to it using USB, seeing if it goes through. If not, it is probably an issue with the printer, such as its WiFi capabilities being down. If so, then it's an issue with WiFi, Ethernet, or Bluetooth (which ever is being used for this) settings. To connect to the network with it, you would do so on the screen on the printer.

II. Reset your SMC and your NVRAM:

(Applies to Intel-Based Macs Only): Sometimes changes are made to the system and then settings (i.e. for WiFi) become manipulated, technically. So, reset both on your Mac, so that they operate as intended.

III. Clear your Temporary Internet Files (Cookies & Cache) of Safari:

IV. Try a New User:

Also, create a new Administrator user. See if it then works. If so, then it is something misconfigured in the current user. So transfer items over to the new user (i.e. photosand documents). Finally, Trash this User.

Aug 22, 2023 9:20 AM in response to masokano

Hi,

Is this for macOS 13 Ventura?

If so, have you tried the Samsung universal driver https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/SS/Print_Common_SW/Samsung_Mac_Driver_V3.93.08.dmg (choose the M2070).

If it is an Samsung Xpress M2070FW or M2070W, the model would also support the AirPrint technology, without an additional driver, provided that the Mac and the printer are connected to the same Wi-Fi router.

You may have to reset the macOS printing system between tests. See also:

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

As always, make sure that you have backup copies of all important files before testing anything.

I cannot print from my MacBook AIr but all other devices in my home can

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.