iPhone unavailable

how do I fix my iPhone when it says iPhone unavailable without erasing anything?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 29, 2023 7:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2023 7:20 AM

If your iPhone is in the unavailable state, then you will have to reset the passcode. The procedure that resets the passcode, involves the erasure of all data on your iPhone. This cannot be avoided.

——-

I understand that your iPhone is in the state of “Unavailable”. You will have to reset the passcode to your iPhone by following the instructions in this guide published by Apple 👉 Reset the Passcode of your iPhone (Without a Computer) Note: All the data on your iPhone will be erased.

Hopefully, you have a backup created on 👉 iCloud and/or on a computer. If you do then, you can 👉Restore your iPhone from the backup file once your passcode has been reset and the iPhone has been returned to factory settings by the procedure in the link above.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2023 7:20 AM in response to kerrin131

If your iPhone is in the unavailable state, then you will have to reset the passcode. The procedure that resets the passcode, involves the erasure of all data on your iPhone. This cannot be avoided.

——-

I understand that your iPhone is in the state of “Unavailable”. You will have to reset the passcode to your iPhone by following the instructions in this guide published by Apple 👉 Reset the Passcode of your iPhone (Without a Computer) Note: All the data on your iPhone will be erased.

Hopefully, you have a backup created on 👉 iCloud and/or on a computer. If you do then, you can 👉Restore your iPhone from the backup file once your passcode has been reset and the iPhone has been returned to factory settings by the procedure in the link above.

Axel F.

Sep 3, 2023 1:21 PM in response to Axel Foley

Is this for real? I pull my phone out of my pocket after a round of golf to find it in an unavailable state, and the only solution is delete everything I have stored on my phone? Not log into my icloud and unlock or not log into my apple ID account, or take my phone to the place I'm on record buying it from, the ONLY solution is to lose everything I've ever put on it.....?

iPhone unavailable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.