Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

How do I view my Google Nest Cameras on Apple TV?

Pretty simple question. Apple and Google do a lousy job of making it easy to even get an answer to this question!

Apple TV HD, tvOS 15

Posted on Apr 29, 2023 8:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2023 1:38 PM

Unfortunately, the Nest app for AppleTV only supports the old Nest accounts. If you’ve migrated over to google accounts that nest app will not work on Google TV and majority of everyone that is connected to the Google nest ecosystem is currently using the new google account so this message will not work for the new Google nest cameras that use the Google Home app

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 7, 2023 1:38 PM in response to JJRASC

Unfortunately, the Nest app for AppleTV only supports the old Nest accounts. If you’ve migrated over to google accounts that nest app will not work on Google TV and majority of everyone that is connected to the Google nest ecosystem is currently using the new google account so this message will not work for the new Google nest cameras that use the Google Home app

May 1, 2023 3:26 PM in response to JWPNJ

Hello JWPNJ,

Thank you for posting to the Apple Support Communities. 

You can find a list of accessories that are compatible with the Home app in the following Apple Support article: Home app - Accessories. Nest cameras are not on this list, but they appear to have their own app that you can install on compatible Apple TV devices. Check out Nest on the App Store

You may also consider contacting the Nest camera manufacture support team for more help with linking the cameras to a compatible Apple TV app. 

Have a great day! 

Jun 24, 2023 3:26 PM in response to JWPNJ

They’re two separate smart home eco systems that don’t play well together at the moment. This is something Matter will hopefully resolve one day. But, this more of googles fault for not developing an app for the Apple TV to view their cameras. Starling hub is the only way for now. I’ve owned a starling hub since 2019 and it has been flawless.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.