Can I change Apple ID on IPad to same on my iPhone

Can I change Apple ID on iPad to same on my iPhone?

iPad Air, iPadOS 16

Posted on Apr 29, 2023 11:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2023 2:30 PM

Yes. You can change the Apple ID in 4 locations.

Settings ➡️ Account (top of settings) ➡️ Scroll down to the bottom to find the Sign out option, then sign in with the Apple ID you wish to use.

Settings ➡️ Account ➡️ Media & Purchases

Settings ➡️ Messages ➡️ Send & Receive ➡️ Apple ID

Settings ➡️ Facetime ➡️ Caller ID ➡️ Apple ID.

Do note, apps and media content such as movies and tv shows will remain tied to the Apple ID that downloaded them and in the case of Apps, they will always require it to update.

Is there some reason you have more than one Apple ID? Any reason you weren’t using the same Apple ID for all your devices?

Also note, that when you sign in with the other Apple ID and download something, it will associate the device with that Apple ID and lock the original Apple ID out of the device for 90 days.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2023 2:30 PM in response to angkana209

Yes. You can change the Apple ID in 4 locations.

Settings ➡️ Account (top of settings) ➡️ Scroll down to the bottom to find the Sign out option, then sign in with the Apple ID you wish to use.

Settings ➡️ Account ➡️ Media & Purchases

Settings ➡️ Messages ➡️ Send & Receive ➡️ Apple ID

Settings ➡️ Facetime ➡️ Caller ID ➡️ Apple ID.

Do note, apps and media content such as movies and tv shows will remain tied to the Apple ID that downloaded them and in the case of Apps, they will always require it to update.

Is there some reason you have more than one Apple ID? Any reason you weren’t using the same Apple ID for all your devices?

Also note, that when you sign in with the other Apple ID and download something, it will associate the device with that Apple ID and lock the original Apple ID out of the device for 90 days.

Can I change Apple ID on IPad to same on my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.