the Optimum TV app can't connect to my in-home network using an Apple 4K streaming device

the optimum tv app can't connect to my in-home network using an Apple streaming device since last week on 4/22/23. I called and Technical Support said there's a problem with other users in my area and it's not just our home. Is anyone else experiencing the same issue in Nassau County?

Apple TV 4K (2nd generation)

Posted on Apr 29, 2023 2:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2023 2:45 PM

Your ISP already answered that. Others do.

Given the comments at DownDetector for Optimum, there do appear to be various issues with that ISP, as well. Also see the /r/Optimum subreddit for more.

The ISP response implies the issue is within the ISP network, as well.

Call them back.

Or switch to another ISP, if there is one in your area, other than Satellite or Starlink.

Here is what Apple suggests in general: If your Apple TV can't connect to Wi-Fi - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2023 2:45 PM in response to delshot

Your ISP already answered that. Others do.

Given the comments at DownDetector for Optimum, there do appear to be various issues with that ISP, as well. Also see the /r/Optimum subreddit for more.

The ISP response implies the issue is within the ISP network, as well.

Call them back.

Or switch to another ISP, if there is one in your area, other than Satellite or Starlink.

Here is what Apple suggests in general: If your Apple TV can't connect to Wi-Fi - Apple Support

Dec 10, 2023 10:46 AM in response to IhateoptimumTV

IhateoptimumTV wrote:

No one can help me fix this issue. I spoke into 10 technicians all different levels.

If this is an ISP issue with Optimum Cablevision, then your options are contact with the ISP, or to contact with the local government regulators (if any) or with the local attorney general’s office or equivalent, and to switch ISPs to another terrestrial provider (if any) or to a wireless provider (if any), or to satellite (if the constellation is visible), or to form your own (private, public-private partnership, or municipal) ISP.

the Optimum TV app can't connect to my in-home network using an Apple 4K streaming device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.