Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

iPad Air Gen 5 Battery fast drain

Anyone fix the battery drain issue?

I have had multiple iPads (reg, pro and now air) and several iPhone models back to the 4. So, trust me, I know how to properly care and use an apple device and my use habits are consistent; it’s not my settings or how i use it (compared to all other iPads). No device comes close to having as fast a battery drain as the iPad Air Gen 5 (blue). It’s advertised as 10 hours… no sir. Today, I went from 100% to 50% in about 35 mins while sitting at a bar watching the NFL Draft. This iPad is basically 1 year old and it’s NEVER had long battery usage. And it’s been this way since day 1. It’s not the end of the world because it charges up QUICK. But it doesn’t come close to the 10 hour mark. I’ve considered trying to negotiate a discounted upgrade to a more reliable iPad. And, like most people, i HATE to do that. If you don’t get satisfation, your likely unhappy with any outcome. It’s a shame. I’ve only had great things to say about Apple devices up to this point… but now i feel like i just wasted a bunch of money and the only way OUT is to spend MORE money. Not good.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 29, 2023 3:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2023 4:46 PM

First go to settings, battery, scroll down, it will show what apps have used your devices battery, if you notice anything unusual (for example an app you weren’t using that ran your battery down a lot) delete the app and redownload it, if the app is still causing battery drainage, contact the support team for that app. Otherwise if you don’t find anything suspicious, Try to close out every app on your iPad and then Hard restart your iPad.

If your iPad won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, press and hold the power button until the Apple logo appears.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2023 4:46 PM in response to metoyer22

First go to settings, battery, scroll down, it will show what apps have used your devices battery, if you notice anything unusual (for example an app you weren’t using that ran your battery down a lot) delete the app and redownload it, if the app is still causing battery drainage, contact the support team for that app. Otherwise if you don’t find anything suspicious, Try to close out every app on your iPad and then Hard restart your iPad.

If your iPad won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, press and hold the power button until the Apple logo appears.

iPad Air Gen 5 Battery fast drain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.