Speaker automatically turning on and Call ending.

Hi, Whenever I am on a call, after 2 or 3 minutes my speaker automatically turns on and in a second the call ends. This happens on every single Call and I am not able to talk to anyone for more than 2 minutes. Please help. I removed my screen guard and also reset my network settings but nothing works.

iPhone 11

Posted on Apr 30, 2023 12:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2023 12:51 AM

What happens when you answer the call on the speaker phone and not put the iPhone to your face? Does the call continue normally then? If it does, then the issue may be with the proximity sensor on our iPhone that senses your face when you put the iPhone to your ear. This sensor turns off the touch screen so that other buttons do not get activated while you are on the phone. If this is the case, then (1) Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

(2)  If that does not help, then contact 👉 Official Apple Support OR you can always get your iPhone examined at the Apple Store 👉 Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options or at an Authorized Service Center for further diagnosis and a resolution.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2023 12:51 AM in response to Harsh_Joshi

What happens when you answer the call on the speaker phone and not put the iPhone to your face? Does the call continue normally then? If it does, then the issue may be with the proximity sensor on our iPhone that senses your face when you put the iPhone to your ear. This sensor turns off the touch screen so that other buttons do not get activated while you are on the phone. If this is the case, then (1) Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

(2)  If that does not help, then contact 👉 Official Apple Support OR you can always get your iPhone examined at the Apple Store 👉 Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options or at an Authorized Service Center for further diagnosis and a resolution.

Axel F.

Speaker automatically turning on and Call ending.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.