Send a new email from an existing hide my email address (not reply)

Hello,

I would like to send a new email using an existing hide my email address. I know I can reply to an email that is sent to my HME address, but is there a way to start from scratch sending an email from an existing HME address.

Thanks

Mac mini, macOS 13.1

Posted on Apr 30, 2023 5:02 AM

4 replies

May 2, 2023 8:40 AM in response to htk2

Hey htk2,

We’d love to help you out! Sounds like you want to send an email to someone you don’t know well and want to keep your email address private.

To do so, you’d want to create a new Hide My Email address in the System Settings or System Preferences in macOS, in the Mail app, or on iCloud.com

For more info, check out these steps:

Send an email using a unique, random address
When you write a new email message, Hide My Email allows you to create a unique, random address directly in the Mail app.
1. In the Mail app  on your Mac, click the New Message button  to compose a new message.
2. Add a recipient and subject for your message.
3. Messages you send from a unique, random address can only be delivered to a single recipient.
4. Move the pointer over the From field.
5. Click the pop-up menu that appears, then choose Hide My Email.
* If you’ve never sent this recipient an email from a unique, random address: A new address appears in the From field.
* If you previously sent this recipient an email from a unique, random address: The address used previously with this recipient appears in the From field.
6. Write your message, then when you’re ready, click the Send button .

This is all outlined here: Use Hide My Email in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

For any other questions or concerns, contact Apple for further support on this here: Get Support

We hope this helps out.

Take care!

Send a new email from an existing hide my email address (not reply)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.