Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Sending a program change to MS (v.3.5.3)

So, something that should be a no-brainer, but for the life of me I can't get it to work. I'm using a Yamaha S90-ES (yeah, as good as the kbd is/was, that may already be a part of the problem). I'm wanting to simply map a patch button from the kbd's panel to a specific patch in a MS concert. MIDI monitor shows pgm change reception (1 0 8, in this case), but when I set the MS patch to Program Change 8, it isn't selected. Of course, otherwise, MS plays and responds to controller input as expected.

For those that have or know the S90, I've got Bank select off, Pgm Change on, and above all, like I said, MS otherwise plays and responds to controller data as expected. I have tried it with Bank select on, and the patch in MS assumedly set to the matching MSB/LSB from the ES90 Data List (in this case 63/9), but no go. I've also looked at the Audio/Midi setup, but nothing obvious there, either.

Thanks in advance, folks.

Posted on Apr 30, 2023 5:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2023 12:11 AM

Hi

Have you checked the Concert MIDI Settings?

CCT

Similar questions

3 replies

May 1, 2023 2:29 AM in response to CCTM

Ok, so thanks again for this. But now, what I'd love to make happen is to put up 5 buttons on the workspace for each of the patches that I'm using. And have them linked to the selected patch. And ultimately no matter where I call the patch up from, either the controller panel or the workspace (by clicking on the appropriate button), or simply by selecting the patch from the list, the appropriate button would be "lit". I have been playing with this for some time, (and with a previous concert as well), but I could never get it to work reliably. Yes, this is more of a visual piece of candy, as things are working fine without them, but, well, it seems again like something that shouldn't be too difficult, between layout settings and concert settings.

So, if you have ideas and the time to help me dive into this, it'd be much appreciated.

best

Sending a program change to MS (v.3.5.3)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.