You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No internet connection with 4G indication

Since many months now, my internet connection stop working while the 4G is still displayed with cellular. If I turn airplane mode on and off, it’s restored (sometimes), but it happens dozens and dozens of times a day sometimes 2 minutes apart. I have a iPhone 11 and I had the same issu on my previous iPhone X. I asked my carrier there is no problem with it, I changed my sim still got the problem. And it’s getting worst every day, sometimes I can’t connect to internet for 10min.

if anyone have an idea on what’s going on

iPhone 11

Posted on Apr 30, 2023 5:37 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2023 1:56 AM

I have the same issues, my Iphone 11 shows 4G but there is not internet connected.

This happened for more than a month. I have done/ checked steps 1-5, and even changed the new sim card, but useless.

I went to China 2 weeks ago, my iphone has no connection to internet at all even i have subscribed roaming.

Now the internet only works when I connect to wife.

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 5, 2023 1:56 AM in response to Tomfaiola

I have the same issues, my Iphone 11 shows 4G but there is not internet connected.

This happened for more than a month. I have done/ checked steps 1-5, and even changed the new sim card, but useless.

I went to China 2 weeks ago, my iphone has no connection to internet at all even i have subscribed roaming.

Now the internet only works when I connect to wife.

Feb 26, 2024 7:16 PM in response to Tomfaiola

I did all the steps as you did too and it does not help at all.

I am getting sure that is the phone problem.

With my friends who also use the same network provider, and we are at the same place, they have very stable internet connection but my phone not.

After months of trying, I have these findings:

1. My daily routine is same everyday. I realise that the phone always lose its connection at the same location.
  2. When I travel to other cities within the country (5 hours of journey), the connection will lose a few times on the highway.
  3. I travelled to a few countries (Singapore, China, Malaysia, Istanbul and Portugal), with different network providers, the phone has the same issues.
  4. The connection is stable only when it connects to WiFi.

Apple should review their Iphone product again,

Apr 30, 2023 7:55 AM in response to SravanKrA

Thank you for your answer, however

1. Is not possible because it happens all the time et in multiple country as well
  2. Is not the case because I never exceeded my plan and the connection it’s restored sometimes when I put airplane mode on and off
  3. The APN as been checked by my carrier and is normal (when I reset it sometimes internet come back as well but will eventually shut down after some time)
  4. As been done and no changes what so ever
  5. SIM has been changed as well and I still have the issu me

as you see nothing seems to resolve the issue and even my carrier says that everything seems to be working on their side and they don’t understand what causes this

Apr 30, 2023 6:10 AM in response to Tomfaiola

Having 4G does not necessarily mean you have internet. If you're experiencing a lack of internet connection despite seeing the 4G indication on your iPhone, there could be a few potential explanations for this issue:

1. Network congestion: Even though you have a 4G signal, there might be congestion or high traffic on the network, which can lead to slow or no internet connectivity. This can occur in areas with many users or during peak usage times. In such cases, the signal strength may be adequate, but the actual data transfer could be limited.
  2. Data plan or account issue: Verify that your mobile data plan is active and that you have not exceeded any usage limits or restrictions imposed by your carrier. Additionally, check if there are any outstanding payments or account-related issues that could be affecting your internet access.
  3. Incorrect APN settings: Access Point Name (APN) settings are necessary for your device to establish a connection with your mobile network provider. If the APN settings are incorrect or misconfigured, it can result in a lack of internet connectivity. Double-check your APN settings or contact your carrier to confirm the correct configuration.
  4. Network settings: Occasionally, network settings on your iPhone can disrupt internet connectivity. Try resetting your network settings by going to Settings > General > Transfer & Reset > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Keep in mind that this will remove saved Wi-Fi passwords and other network-related preferences, so you may need to reconfigure them afterward.
  5. SIM card problem: In rare cases, there could be a problem with your SIM card. Restart your device and, if possible, try using your SIM card in another compatible device to determine if the issue persists. If the problem continues, contact your mobile carrier or visit an authorized service center for further assistance.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, it's advisable to reach out to your mobile carrier's customer support to troubleshoot the problem or seek additional guidance specific to Carrier's network.

No internet connection with 4G indication

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.