How to purchase a battery for my MacBook Pro?

How to purchase a battery for my mac book pro

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro (2021)

Posted on Apr 30, 2023 2:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2023 3:03 PM

Hello sabrena161!

Apple will not sell you a MacBook battery. Instead, please click on Get help with your Mac laptop battery - Apple Support, and then click on “Get battery service.”

I hope this is helpful. Good Luck!

2 replies

Apr 30, 2023 6:28 PM in response to sabrena161

What model? I do see the 14" and 16" 2021 MacBook Pros listed as possibilities in Apple's United States Self Service Repair store. They don't sell the battery in and of itself - just the top case with a new battery. I'm seeing the 14" (requires serial number entry) and it lists the top case with battery (that's the only way they sell the battery) as $527.12 plus tax, but with $88 return credit for the old top case.

https://selfservicerepair.com/home

I personally wouldn't try. In the US, Apple has a battery replacement service if the top case is in reusable condition where they charge $249 plus tax. And if something goes wrong, they'll make sure it's properly fixed (or entirely replaced), while with DIY you're kind of on your own if a mistake is made that damages the device.

How to purchase a battery for my MacBook Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.