Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

cellular connect

hello, I bought my watch about one month and it can be connected to cellular at first, but now it is unable to connect to cellular (receive messages without Wi-Fi).

The moment I realized that it cannot be connected to cellular is the time I only wore the watch outside and kept my phone at home.

Apple Watch Series 8, watchOS 9

Posted on Apr 30, 2023 11:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2023 1:57 AM

Turn off your iphone...

Can you now make a phone call with your Watch? If you cannot then make sure your eSim provider for your iPhone has added the Watch to your monthly plan and that you have set up the cellular connectivity.

Set up cellular on Apple Watch - Apple Support

or in UK 

Set up mobile on Apple Watch – Apple Support (UK)

If you can make a phone call, try sending a text to someone on Android. If that fails turn on iphone and check settings, Messages thst SMS is turned on.

Then check with your provider that your Watch plan includes SMS provision

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2023 1:57 AM in response to baoyue

Turn off your iphone...

Can you now make a phone call with your Watch? If you cannot then make sure your eSim provider for your iPhone has added the Watch to your monthly plan and that you have set up the cellular connectivity.

Set up cellular on Apple Watch - Apple Support

or in UK 

Set up mobile on Apple Watch – Apple Support (UK)

If you can make a phone call, try sending a text to someone on Android. If that fails turn on iphone and check settings, Messages thst SMS is turned on.

Then check with your provider that your Watch plan includes SMS provision

cellular connect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.