IPAD magic keyboard - can I change from a dot cursor to a pointer

Hi, I seem to be stuck with a dot as my cursor but would prefer a pointer. I’ve tried using the accessibility menu but can’t find a way to change this, is it possible?

iPad Pro (6th generation)

Posted on May 1, 2023 2:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2023 3:50 AM

While the size of the dot-cursor can be altered, you cannot change its style from a dot (representing the “touch” point) to an arrowed pointer.

Available information about customising the Mouse/Trackpad pointer can be found here:

Use a Bluetooth mouse or trackpad with your iPad – Apple Support

Apple do invite submission of comments and feature requests via its Product Feedback portal. If you would like to see additional features and capabilities in a future version of iPadOS, this would be the appropriate channel through which to make such a request. For iPad and iPadOS:

Feedback - iPad - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2023 3:50 AM in response to KDF123

While the size of the dot-cursor can be altered, you cannot change its style from a dot (representing the “touch” point) to an arrowed pointer.

Available information about customising the Mouse/Trackpad pointer can be found here:

Use a Bluetooth mouse or trackpad with your iPad – Apple Support

Apple do invite submission of comments and feature requests via its Product Feedback portal. If you would like to see additional features and capabilities in a future version of iPadOS, this would be the appropriate channel through which to make such a request. For iPad and iPadOS:

Feedback - iPad - Apple

IPAD magic keyboard - can I change from a dot cursor to a pointer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.