Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The time and date on my iPhone homepage are very faint. How do I brighten time and date?

Time and date on iPhone homepage very faint. This occurred yesterday after my iPhone was “unavailable” for a short while. I was able to restore my phone but the time and date on the homepage upon unlocking the phone are very faint and difficult to see. Is there a way to brighten the time and date?

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on May 1, 2023 2:05 PM

8 replies

May 3, 2023 2:40 PM in response to jen083

Hello jen083,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. 

We understand that the time and date show faintly on your iPhone display. We are happy to help.

If you adjust the brightness on your display, does that help? We’d also like to have you change the wallpaper to see if that affects the time and date.

Here’s how to adjust the display brightness: Adjust the screen brightness and color on iPhone - Apple Support

"Adjust the screen brightness manually

To make your iPhone screen dimmer or brighter, do one of the following:

• Open Control Center, then drag the Brightness button.
  • Go to Settings  > Display & Brightness, then drag the slider."

Here’s how to change your wallpaper: Change the wallpaper on your iPhone - Apple Support

"Add a new wallpaper for your Lock Screen or Home Screen

1. In the Settings app, tap Wallpaper.
  2. Tap Add New Wallpaper.
  3. Tap Photos, People, or Photo Shuffle to choose your own photo. You can also select a wallpaper from a category like Weather & Astronomy, Emoji, Collections, or Color.
  4. If you want, you can customize your wallpaper further. Then tap Add."

Let us know if you have further questions.

Take care.

May 8, 2023 9:51 AM in response to ljphil

ljphil wrote:

I have the same issue and these suggestions did not help. What more suggestions do you have?

Guessing…

If the section Customize a Lock Screen wallpaper with filters, widgets, and styles in:

Change the wallpaper on your iPhone - Apple Support

selecting font and color doesn’t get you to a legible display, maybe bring it into Apple for a look?

May 8, 2023 10:03 AM in response to ljphil

ljphil wrote:

The display is visible as it should be until it becomes the home screen. At that point it dims again. Hope that makes sense.

If you’ve gone through the fonts and colors and selected a higher-contrast background, have tried Settings > Accessibility > Vision (e.g. bold text on, larger text on, reduce transparency on, increase contrast on, etc), and not gotten what you need/want, contact Apple Support.

The time and date on my iPhone homepage are very faint. How do I brighten time and date?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.