How do I access my screen recording if I accidentally closed it without saving it?

How do I access my screen recording if I accidentally closed it without saving it to my desktop or my photos?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.0

Posted on May 1, 2023 4:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2023 5:36 AM

you can use the keyboard shortcut "shift-command-5" to bring up the recording controls. then choose "options".

and then, in those options, check the "save to" location to see where the recording went.

but if you clicked on the "floating thumbnail" on the bottom right of the screen, and then closed it from there, then the recording is likely gone. that is why I have "Show Floating Thumbnail" disabled.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2023 5:36 AM in response to aguo1276

you can use the keyboard shortcut "shift-command-5" to bring up the recording controls. then choose "options".

and then, in those options, check the "save to" location to see where the recording went.

but if you clicked on the "floating thumbnail" on the bottom right of the screen, and then closed it from there, then the recording is likely gone. that is why I have "Show Floating Thumbnail" disabled.

How do I access my screen recording if I accidentally closed it without saving it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.