Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Battery Drain Twice This Week

Purchased a new iPhone 14 Pro in March. Twice this week, my phone has drained down to 1% during the night. I charge my phone and watch (which I wear at night) before I go to bed to 100%. This has been my routine for years. The phone is kept on my bureau face down. My 8 Plus never drained in its 5 years. Anyone having a similar issue? Not happy with this product. Will probably take it to the Apple store today.

Posted on May 2, 2023 4:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2023 7:45 AM

Hi isj1,

We're glad to hear working with Apple Support has helped to resolve the issue.

And yes, you can leave your Apple devices plugged in overnight, as the lithium-ion battery will not overcharge.

Some additional info about lithium-ion batteries: Batteries - Why Lithium-ion? - Apple

Take care!

6 replies

May 4, 2023 3:41 PM in response to isj1

Thanks for reaching out isj1,

It sounds like you're having some trouble with your battery performance. We can help.

A great place to start would be to check which apps are using the most power by tapping Settings > Battery. This could potentially narrow down the cause of the drain. Additionally, you could check the next screen, Battery Health & Charging to see details of your battery health overall.

Like all batteries, the iPhone battery is consumable and will eventually need to be replaced. An iPhone battery is expected to last a minimum of 500 charge cycles before the battery health drops to 80%. Once it drops below 80%, replacement is needed.

Your usage will determine how fast replacement is needed, but you can check out these articles to learn more about your battery and how to get the most out of it:

If you are visiting an Apple Store, they can also run a diagnostic to test your device as well.

Hope that helps.

Take care.

May 5, 2023 5:46 AM in response to AdvisorMP

Thank you for the information. My phone was was purchased March 17th and had worked fine until the two nights it drained from 100% charge. I looked at the settings you mentioned above and nothing appears out of sorts. I do not live on my phone so my usage is low. Apple did a diagnostics on Tuesday but found nothing. They did a reset but not the factory reset so I would not lose all my info. I have not had any battery drain since then. I never had a battery drain on my iPhone 8 Plus. I charge my phone to 100% before I go to bed and remove it from the charger. I have friends who keep their phones on the charger all night long. Is that safe for the phone? I have a new 14 Pro. Thanks

May 5, 2023 7:57 AM in response to mingoslkd

Thank you again for sharing this information and quick help. I love this community to find help with solving my issues. This community is more helpful than calling Apple Support. I had a recent person who could not answer my problem and kept putting me on hold so he could check on the computer. When he did that the 3rd time I told him never mind and made an appointment with the Genius bar. My person rushed me and said he could only help me for 15 minutes.

Battery Drain Twice This Week

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.