iPad Mail issues

Why do the signatures in mail turn out so huge when seen attached to replies?

How to change the default font in the iOS Mail?

Why, when you go to change the size of the font, it doesn’t tell you what you are changing it to?

If I get a third party Mail program will it work like Apple Mail across all my devices?

iPad Pro (6th generation)

Posted on May 2, 2023 9:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2023 10:20 AM

When composing a Mail message, you can change your selected font and font-size using the format button. While your cursor is within the body text, tap the aA button that you’ll see at the top-left of the on-screen keyboard:

Here you can select the current font - and adjust the font-size, font colour, justification etc.

As for why the native Mail App doesn’t visibly indicate the selected font size (presumably a point-size), only the Apple Developers will know.

Apple does invite submission of comments and feature requests via its Product Feedback portal. For iPad and iPadOS:

Feedback - iPad - Apple

If you would like to see enhanced or additional features in a future version of iPadOS, or associated Apple Apps, this would be the most appropriate channel through which to communicate your request to Apple.

Turning to final question, you can install an alternative third-party Mail App, of your choice, on any compatible devices. After adding your email account(s) to the third-party Mail Apps on each device, they should remain synchronised.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2023 10:20 AM in response to DaveJK

When composing a Mail message, you can change your selected font and font-size using the format button. While your cursor is within the body text, tap the aA button that you’ll see at the top-left of the on-screen keyboard:

Here you can select the current font - and adjust the font-size, font colour, justification etc.

As for why the native Mail App doesn’t visibly indicate the selected font size (presumably a point-size), only the Apple Developers will know.

Apple does invite submission of comments and feature requests via its Product Feedback portal. For iPad and iPadOS:

Feedback - iPad - Apple

If you would like to see enhanced or additional features in a future version of iPadOS, or associated Apple Apps, this would be the most appropriate channel through which to communicate your request to Apple.

Turning to final question, you can install an alternative third-party Mail App, of your choice, on any compatible devices. After adding your email account(s) to the third-party Mail Apps on each device, they should remain synchronised.

Aug 7, 2023 6:40 PM in response to LotusPilot

The advice to use the Aa option that shows above the keyboard when typing an email on an iPhone does work and I was able to change my default font that way. However, I cannot do the same on my iPad (16.x). With the iPad keyboard showing, there isn’t the “<“ or “Aa” displayed above the keyboard. Unless there is an alternate key press there doesn’t seem to be a way to change fonts when typing an email in the mail app.

iPad Mail issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.